Friday, January 12, 2007
First Day
Since Delaney slept most of the flight from Hong Kong to Singapore, she wasn't tired when she got to the apartment. She finally went to sleep sometime after 2 but was up again around 5. Derek and I were able to kind of sleep till 7...she drew pictures and came in to the room to show us. Our first official Singapore meal was McDonald's. (There's one downstairs in the food court.) Derek and I each had a Sausage McMuffin with Egg (the sausage was white...we don't want to know why) while Delaney had pancakes. We walked around our complex, found the bus stop and napped. We knew dinner would be somewhat of an adventure. When we walked around the food court in the am, we saw ducks and chickens that were cooked with their head on and a place called "Pig Organs" along with all sorts of foods that we didn't recognize the names and so therefore didn't want to chance trying them. Delaney and I ended up sharing fried rice with chicken and Derek had sweet and sour pork. To drink we had 2 freshly made apple juices and a hot chocolate type drink on ice called Milo. The total for the meal......13 Sing. dollars which is about 9 American dollars. We got back from dinner and fell asleep again. We're headed to bed soon, as Delaney will probably wake up early tmw. We'll post pics as soon as we get our own computer. Our things that the movers got last Thursday haven't arrived yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It was great to read about your adventures to date. Hope you have caught up on all of your sleep. Remember to try different foods, what an adventure. Just think of all of the new receipts that you can make when you come home. What about the white sausage? Pork? Keep the fingers working and all of us informed.
Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Bob
Hi Mel!
Welcome to your new home! I can't imagine the trillions of feelings you must be experiencing!
I am really enjoying the blogs!!! Please add me to your email address book.
I'm sending up lots of angels to guide you along your exciting path. Please take care, and know that I think of you lots!
Love,
Aunt Suzanne
XOX
Yum. Pig organs :)
Just kidding. I don't think I'd try anything at that stand either. It sounds like you're doing a good job dealing with the jet lag. Eating at the food court too!
Post a Comment