Style Critic:
Overheard last week during American Idol....(let's set the scene - Melissa in the kitchen getting something to drink, Delaney sitting on the couch, Derek....who cares, not important in this scene....lets cue the music and American Idol is starting on the TV and......ACTION):
Delaney (screaming): "Mommy....Sanjaya's hair is different AGAIN!"
AND CUT.
This performance brought to you A.I.A (American Idol Anonymous) and CFLA (Chicago Food Lovers Anonymous-a support group for those that miss deep dish pizza and Italian beef sandwiches)
Future Star:
Delaney has officially landed her first speaking role on TV. While walking last week on Orchard Road (think Michigan Ave) with Melissa on the way to her singing class, a TV crew approached Melissa and asked her if Delaney would like to be on TV. Melissa asked Delaney and she said "Sure". They initially gave her a line to repeat that was a little too long for a 3 1/2 year old to remember so they shortened it and they did 15 "takes". After each one Delaney got better and more comfortable. Her line was as follows: "I love Yugo" and she was supposed to wave while saying it.
Basically they were filming a promo for a new kids TV show that will air April 21st. Hopefully we can get someone to tape it locally to remember her 15 minutes of fame (and to think she used it up at age 3 1/2...saddening)
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow. I can understand being shown up by a 3 1/2 year old for Wiggles World trivia (I only knew the show existed), but I've never heard of Sanjaya. I guess I need to watch more tv.
What was the original line for Delaney in the commercial? I'm guessing it was initially longer than "I Love Yugo".
Count me in on the CFLA!!! We surely miss Deep Dish pizza since we moved to Charlotte!! Don't miss the weather though. Did Delaney get any royalties for her TV appearance?
You realize that before you leave your daughter may land a job, seeing as though she is famous wherever you go.
Post a Comment