Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Same Old Stuff





We haven't had much excitement here since Stacie and Paul left. ....

Delaney wanted to do something crazy with her hair (she was reminiscing about Sanjaya..she quite misses the bloke!), so we braided it during Idol one night. The other picture is the after effect. The two princesses above are Delaney and her friend Lauren.

For those of you who haven't heard, Derek's last rotation will be in Chicago. We'll leave here between June 22 and 29. We plan on living with Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Bob (thanks a bunch!) while we look for houses to buy. For those of you who know Chicago real estate, we'll be looking in the Fox River Grove and Cary areas. (Both are at least an hour away from the city, but both are on a train line.)

Delaney's become a great little swimmer. She can now swim with her head under water. We bought her the rings that sink, and she can go to the bottom to get them. She's not the most graceful thing...she kicks like crazy before she can get under far enough....but she's still able to get to the bottom (It's about 4-4.5 feet deep).

I start taking classes next week so that I can add middle school endorsements to my IL teaching certificate. (The certificate is K-9, so one would think that I could teach any grade K-9, right??? Wrong!) Who would've guessed that I would need to go back to school to do what I was doing for over 6 years in Ohio??? I've been researching like crazy trying to figure out what in the world needed to be done. I think I understand it, somewhat! I'll be taking 3 Univ of Phoenix online classes and on University of Wisconsin-Stout online class. Hopefully I be fully endorsed to teach by the end of the summer!

We've been spending time with Tracey, Sam, Lauren, and Sami. They're from the UK. We've been to the zoo, a bbq, and a children's indoor play area with them in the past week. They are even going to go to Thailand with us at the end of the month. Lauren is the one who is Delaney's best friend. Their birthdays are within 2 weeks of each other, so we are going to have a joint bday party for them. Delaney and Lauren are pretty cute together, even when they have little spats.

Lizard is still here. It's kind of comforting seeing him around. Ha!

The weather has been kind of crappy lately. I don't think we've had one full, sunny day in the past month. It usually rains at least once a day. The locals say that the weather has been unusual.

We haven't yet decided what to do this weekend. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you guys decided to come back to IL. Too bad our days in Chicago won't overlap, otherwise I'd offer to give you the frozen berries you gave me when you left. They're still sitting in my freezer :)

Anonymous said...

Back to Chicago eh...going to fill the need of Deep Dish Pizza and Italian Beef eh!! We will miss Lou Malnati's!! I think we need to order some frozen ones! Hopefully you will keep the blog site going once you get back in the states. We love seeing what you are all up to..even though I have never met Delaney and Melissa..and haven't seen Derek since 1996!

rodderz said...

you sound down Mel! cheer up, you have done something lots of people would love. ;-)