Monday, February 25, 2008

Delaney-isms

New things from the world of Delaney......

1) Drew and Kelly (Kelly works with Derek) were over last weekend. We went bowling (for free...more on that later!) and then they came for dinner. Drew was looking to see what was on tv and came across "On Golden Pond". He and Delaney sat on the couch after dinner and watched the entire movie, as Derek, Kelly, and I hung out! They cuddled, shared some grapes, and some deep conversation about the movie (well, as deep as a four year old can get). I totally thought Drew was kidding when he said he wanted to watch it, but nope. Anyhow, guess what Delaney asks to watch every day???? "On Golden Pond"... I don't know if she really liked the movie, or just totally enjoyed her time with Drew.

2) Delaney is an American Idol junkie. She's loved the show since before she was two. She has her own ranking system and makes predictions as to what Randy, Paula, and Simon will say. She surprisingly is right about this most of the time. Her least favorite this week were the two girls who went home. She also said, more than once, "oh, I love him; he is so cute!" Perhaps a little boy crazy????

3) I can't remember if I reported that Delaney has a "boyfriend" at her school. His name is Matthew. About a month ago, Ayden (a girl) and Matthew were boyfriend/girlfriend. Well, Matthew decided to "switch", so now it's Delaney. Delaney got her haircut at school, and so did Matthew. She looked at me and said, "Matthew looks so handsome now". Ay, yai, yai!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A BOYFRIEND!!! What is this world coming to, that is okay, Hannah has one too. Although lately she has been telling me "Mommy, I do not like boys, I like girls" so who knows maybe she will have an alternative lifestyle!
Love you!
Em