Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Once in a Lifetime

Yes....I did feel the earth move.  I've always wanted to feel an earthquake, and it finally happened!  I didn't feel the one in Singapore last year (and was bummed!).  I woke up Friday morning and the bed was shaking.  I thought that it was Derek shaking his leg, but he was perfectly still.  My next thought was that it was really windy....nope, our windows were open and there was not a sound.  Then I thought perhaps it was an earthquake, told myself that it was Illinois and that was crazy, 4:30 am talk.  Then, I heard Delaney's door open.  The bed stopped moving and I eventually went back to sleep.  I told Derek first thing in the morning....he laughed at me when I said I thought there was an earthquake.  After explaining it to him, he vaguely remembered it too.  I figured out that Delaney's door opened because Jake headed in there during the shaking.  He never goes in there at night....maybe he was protecting her, or maybe he just thought her room would be safer!

No comments: