Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Little Things

Delaney has been so excited by 2 events in her life recently....

1) She lost her first tooth! Friday, when Derek and I picked her up at her after school program, she yelled, so excited, that her tooth was very loose. It sure was! All weekend she was playing with it, and finally last night, upon my inspection, I decided it was time to try to pull it. It came out right away. She ran to tell Derek (who was on the phone with Asia at the time, so he couldn't get too excited), called my Dad, and put it under her pillow. She woke up ON HER OWN this morning, about 20 minutes before we normally get her up, upset because her pillow had fallen on the floor and there was nothing there. We looked around and found the dollar the tooth fairy had left her. Again, so excited. I will post a picture of the toothless wonder soon!

2) She gets to check library books out of the library (at school) and keep them for a whole week. Super excitement ensues every time this happens.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Tell her that I said GOOD JOB!!!
What a crazy milestone... I cannot believe she already there.
Love you and I did pass on your info to Tricia!
Love,
Em

Anonymous said...

That's great she's excited about borrowing books. I was excited about being able to borrow books from the library in Singapore. After one year of not having a library in China, going to the ones here feels great!