Monday, February 19, 2007
The Next Malaysian Ambassador
Guess who is famous now in Malaysia.......I forgot to mention this but when we were in Kuala Lumpur in January we had just finished walking down all the steps at the Batu Caves and there is this cameraman walking in front of facing us taking photos. At first I couldn't tell if he was taking them of us or of the entrance to the Caves. As we were walking, he continued walking backwards snapping photos. Eventually a woman walks up to us and says she is from "The New Strait Times" which is Malaysia's National newspaper. She proceeds to ask us a series of questions about Batu Caves, Malaysia in general and our experiences while on vacation. Well to make a long story short, the next day when we open the hotel door to go down to breakfast there is the Monday paper, so I tell Melissa...."Lets see if we are in there!". Well here is the outcome. (Sorry the picture is crappy). Oh Well I have spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to upload a PDF of the newspaper article but no luck. If anybody wants a copy let me know in the Comments section and I can send off a copy from email.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Derek,
Wow, headline.......you are celebrities now. :-)
I would like to take a look at the newspaper if possible.
Maggie Zhou
I would absolutely love a copy!!!
And here I was thinking Delaney was the superstar in the family :)
What are you guys up to for your Chinese New Year break?
My favorite midwestern family!!...sounds like you're having a great time! I'd love to see a copy of the paper!
- Jane Z.
I know you've got that scrapbook going :) You are doing a spectacular job, keeping us updated. Thanks for taking the extra steps to keep us close. You are near and dear to us.
With Much Love and Many Kisses,
Aunt Suzanne
XOX
Post a Comment