These are the pictures from the past weekend. There are more if you click on the link below. Hopefully, you know the drill by now.
http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=sdvg5ki.831r0nmm&Uy=1w7hbt&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=992913878522_618872336206
Derek and Delaney were off Monday thru Wednesday of this week because of Chinese New Year. Most things were closed here Sunday and Monday. The celebration doesn't end here until March 4.
Saturday we did a self-guided walking tour of some of Singapore's colonial houses. Many of them are called black and whites. An example of one is above. Many of them have a covered walkway that leads to the servants' house. Nice that they don't want the help to get wet!!! There were also several newer, very nice houses. One of them had 5 Lambroghinis and Ferraris in the front of it. Life must be hard! The area was very peaceful and not at all like the area where we live. After the walk we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for our weekly American food fix. Delaney and I had burgers (my mouth is watering thinking of them!) and Derek had a quesadilla.
Sunday started our marathon of spending time with the ladies I've met an their families. We went to Tracey's for a bbq. Tracey's dad and stepmom are in from England. They were very nice. Everyone took their own food...Sam (Tracey's husband) did a great job grilling our brats (so good, probably since it's been awhile!). We swam after lunch and had a good time! Monday we went to the British Club with the same group. We just swam. The Club was set up on a hill and very pretty. Tuesday we went to lunch at the Esplanade (mall with a theatre set on the water) for Diane's birthday. Tuesday night the ladies (no kids or husbands, woo-hoo!) got together to play games, but we never quite got around to the games part!
After lunch on Sunday, we walked around Esplanade and saw the Merlion, which is a symbol of Singapore. On the walk, Delaney was asked to stop and pose for a couple of pictures. The blond hair/blue eye thing will never go out of fashion here!
Derek, Delaney and I headed to the zoo on Wednesday. The zoo was great. We saw giraffes, white tigers, and jaguars being fed. Delaney and I rode on an elephant! She held on tight and really seemed to like it! The orang utans are free-ranging, meaning they can go anywhere. They pretty much stayed in the trees. In the Reptile World, there was a cage you could enter to see free snakes and lizards...needless to say, I avoided that one! We see enough lizards in the apartment. (Yes, he's still here under our fridge...I just saw him this morning!) It was a decent deal to join the zoo, so we did!
Delaney went to Kindermusik on Thursday and liked it, so we signed her up for the remainder of the session. It's a lot pricier than the states. But every kids program we've checked into here is pricy! Before Kindermusik, we went to Lorraine's to hang out with her and Tracey.
Today, we met the ladies for lunch to celebrate my birthday. We had a nice time and have planned to get together over the weekend! See what I mean by marathon!
For those of you who wonder what I do during the day(Andrew!!!)...when Delaney's at school I do laundry...isn't that exciting!?! Our machine is a combo washer/dryer all in one, so consequently it takes forever. I type recipes on the computer to put in the Garden cookbook, I talk to people on the phone, I upload photos, watch Grey's Anatomy on Slingbox, and work on the blog. I then go pick up Delaney at school around 10:30 and get home around 11:30, if we are headed home. The rest of the day I meet the demands of a 3 year old. We usually go swimming if we have nothing planned. That's really about it...nothing too exciting! I checked into playing tennis with the American Women's Association, but since they play downtown and I don't have childcare, I won't be able to play with them. Oh well.
No firm plans yet for the weekend...we may just need a break!

5 comments:
HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY MEL!!!!!!
I hope this birthday finds you better than ever and loving life. Oh my gosh....I remember my 29th clearly, (that was just in December)therefore, I can't understand how in the world you passed me!!!!
Your life there is just unbelievable to me. Are you having the time of your life? What a different world you are living in.....by the way...were you wearing your seatbelt up on that elephant?? :)
Savannah is growing up so quickly, I know that you are well aware of what I am saying. I feel that she and Delaney could become close buddies! I can hardly wait for the day Savannah and Delaney meet.
Well...my dear niece....with all of my heart, I hope you had the birthday of your dreams. I think of you often, and wish you the best that life can bring. You are very special to me.
Happy Birthday Melissa. I love you dearly.
Please give Delaney and Derek a big hug from me, and I hope I hear from you soon.
With much Love,
Aunt Suzanne
XOX
Happy Birthday Melissa!
Thanks for taking the time to fill me in on what you do. I thought that Delaney was at school for longer (like 8 hrs a day) so you had more time to go sight seeing or other things. When I visit my sister, I see how it takes a huge amount of time and energy to entertain kids. It's good to know that Delaney is still a rock star and that you guys are settling in well. Have you tried cooking much?
I like the two pictures of Delaney looking tired. In all the other pictures she's full of energy.
How is the camera working out?
Mel-
Sorry I missed your b-day- this is an IOU for a big cheesecake when you get back to chicago. After all, Maggie and Andrew will be off at that point and I will be in Chicago finally moved...
Hope it was a great one!
And--- i hope you have been staying up to date on Grey's Anatomy. Fantastic show. Can't wait for the next new episode.
Post a Comment