Sorry its been a so long since we posted last. It has been a relatively crazy time since we got back from Singapore. We got back into Chicago on July 1st and spent all day July 2nd and 3rd looking at houses. The 4th was the holiday and we just hung out at Aunt Cheryl's house and enjoyed a good ole fashion American BBQ. I worked on the 5th followed up by some more houses on the night of the 5th. We decided on a house and made our first offer on Friday 6th. It got rejected and then they made a counter offer which we rejected and then we made our final offer on Monday July 9th. We will close July 23rd and move in hopefully soon after.
About the house: It is in Carpentersville, which is a western suburb out I-90. It was a corporate relocation so it was empty and had been for ~140 days. We got the house for approx 15% less than what houses sell for in the neighborhood and 8% less than what it sold for in 2006. It is 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, all white trim, hardwood floors, nicely painted and built in 2000. The backyard is treed and already fenced in. We will post some pictures of the house after we close on the 23rd.
We are currently living with my Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Bob in Bolingbrook and I have to make the daily commute up to Arlington Heights for work. Depending on the time I leave it can take anywhere from 45 minutes -1:15 hours. Definately a long trip but sometimes goes by quicker than I would have thought. Delaney has been spending time playing with Kayla (my cousin Julie's daughter). Kayla is ~16 months older but they have a blast playing together and never have issues.
Well stay posted for photos after the 23rd.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment