Well its official! Delaney is tall enough to ride adult rollercoasters at the amusement park....not all of them but quite a few. Melissa, Delaney and I went to Six Flags Great America on Thursday for the Annual "Garden Family Day-O Fun". Delaney was very excited about being able to ride the adult roller coasters and other spinning rides. Melissa and I thought it would be best if we went big on her first ride ever and got in line for the new Dark Knight Coaster. It is the new indoor ride held entirely in the dark. The 45min to 1 hour wait in line was harder to get accept than the ride itself. The ride itself was great and she had a good time. She had a HUGE smile on her face when she got off the ride and said "That's awesome, lets do it again". We told her that there are many more rides to try and we can always come back. We proceed to go on ride after ride. No ride scared her until we got to the corkscrew, which we all know is a looping coaster with the corkscrew part in the middle. I was a little nervous when we first got into the car because she was so so small in the seat made for grown adults. The shoulder harnesses where above her head and I thought she would be moving all over the place on the inversions. After the first loop she wasnt giggling anymore and had a look of "what the heck is going on" across her face. I kept talking to her as much as I could during the ride and told her it was almost over. Right after the corkscrew part I reached over and held her head still because it was shaking with all the turns and I think it was hitting the shoulder harnesses. When the ride was over she said, "I didnt like that one...I dont want to go on that one again". Several hours later she said she wanted to go on it again and I said I thought you didnt like it. She said "I like it medium".
Overall it was a fun day. She had her first funnel cake and as a treat leaving the park we bought her 1st ever bag of cotton candy. She liked both of them. Everytime we went on a spinning ride, she would say "I betcha mommy would throw up on this ride" (FYI...Mommy doesnt like spinning rides).
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment