Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our Garden is growing!!!


We finally feel that it's "safe" to let the world know that we are finally going to have another baby!  I am currently 10 weeks pregnant, have had 5 ultrasounds, seen the heartbeat 4 times, so I think we may be in the clear:)  The first picture is from today's u/s.  (Derek was able to quickly see where everything was, which impressed him more than the tech.)  We are very excited, especially since we've been waiting and trying for so long now.  We did have help and finally got pregnant with the help of in vitro fertilization (thank you Dr. Klipstein, my fabulous fertility doctor!!!).  That's why we've had sooo many ultrasounds...most people have one at around 8 weeks and another about halfway through.  I will admit I have been spoiled by the constant reassurance!  I will have another one in the next couple of weeks (some sort of screening for Down's), and then one more at around 20 weeks.  I saw my regular OB for the first time today.  When you scroll down, you will see pics of all the ultrasounds from Dr. Klipstein's office.

Needless to say, Delaney is ecstatic.  She, of course, is hoping for a little sister.  We will not find out at the 20 week ultrasound but have been telling her that a little brother would be fun.  Just to let you know...she loves kindergarten.  She had a few moments this weekend where she said she didn't like it, but I think she just wanted the weekend to last (boy, they learn early!).  She seems to have adjusted to the all-Spanish, all the time in school.  She comes home and says things in Spanish.  Luckily, I am able to understand most of it.  Derek's the one who is in trouble!!!  He gets just about nothing, poor guy!

I have been extremely tired...more so than I was with Delaney.  I know it will pass (at least that's what everyone says), but it's still wearing on me.  I seriously want to be in bed by 8 most nights.  This is not realistic, but Derek does do his best to do everything for Delaney (bathing, stories, etc), so I can get down when I need to.  I've had a little nausea, no puking, thank goodness!!!  I'm also still very tender in my lower abdomen because my ovaries were extremely large with all the meds I was on.  The doctor says that will subside....I'm still waiting!!!

As for Derek, he has had no pregnancy symptoms yet...but his belly has gotten bigger.  Not sure if I can tie that to the pregnancy, as it started a few years ago ;)  I think he's secretly waiting for all of my ice cream cravings to happen like they did with Delaney so he can indulge a little too!  He really likes his new job, which is good.

As promised, here are the ultrasounds....

This is the first ultrasound, at 5 weeks.  The black circle in the middle (towards the left) is the gestational sac.  You can't see the baby quite yet.


This is the second one at 6 1/2 weeks.  In the upper right corner of the black sac, you can see a white blob, which is the baby.  Just under that (the small white circle with black in the middle) is the yolk sac.  This was the first u/s where I saw the heartbeat.  I believe it was 114.



This is at 7 1/2 weeks.  Look on far right side of the black area....the white oval is the baby.  Baby's heartbeat here was 144.  This was the first time that I heard it, too!


This  is at 8 weeks (just 5 days after the one just above this).  You can definitely see a baby at this point.  At this ultrasound the baby's heartbeat was 170.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I cannot think of a more wonderful post to read. I am so very happy for you and your bundle.
You deserve every happiness.
I love all of you ALL FOUR~!!
Love,
Aunt Emily

Anonymous said...

how cute are the ultrasounds! tiny baby!!! i love it! sooo excited! did i read correctly that you are NOT going to find out at the 20 week u/s??? i will die of suspense before april 27th!!!

very, very happy for you guys! much love to all of you! hugs to delaney! tell baby that stacie says Hello! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!