Friday, February 27, 2009

Poor Laney, Yippee Stacie!!!!

Poor Delaney.....

I picked her up from Circle (the after school program) Tuesday and the teachers there said she's been sleeping and had had an accident. Got her home and she slept until 6:30 when I made her take a bath. I took her temp and it was 104.5...yikes! But she's been known to have high fevers. She slept most of the evening, woke up at 1 and promptly threw up (thank god for daddies who clean up). Fever again was back to 104.5. She managed to sleep until 7 and threw up again (luckily she made it to the bathroom, daddy was not home to do damage control). Fever high again. She was doing fine at 11:30, just a slight fever, but at 1:30 we were back to 104.5. We headed to the doc who sent us to the ER b/c he suspected a kidney infection (uti was confirmed at the doc) and she was dehydrated and he wanted her to get IV antibiotics and fluids. We spent 5 hours there...she is such a trooper. Everyone commented on how great she was with everything that they poked and prodded her with. Final diagnosis when we left.....No kidney infection, but a UTI. This morning, her fever was 100, and she was quite thirsty before I left for school. Derek's home with her today, and my dad is in town for meetings today (woo-hoo) and will stay with her tomorrow.

Yippee for Stacie.....
My best friend for 25 years now (ouch...that must mean I'm getting old!) is engaged!!!! She got engaged in Vegas to David. Still waiting on the details and can't wait to hear them! Delaney summed it up best when I told her...she screamed and said "Awesome!!!" Congrats Stacie and David!!!!!

No comments: